*This link will take you to Zapplication, the application program we use for the Wimberley Arts Fest
EVENT INFORMATION FOR ARTISTS
Picture yourself in the Texas Hill Country, alongside a gorgeous meandering river with waterfront cabins, selling your art and kicking back in the shade of an ancient pecan orchard. It’s not a dream. It’s Wimberley! Located about 35 miles southwest of Austin in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Wimberley is a favorite weekend getaway and/or day trip location for art lovers from Houston, Austin, Dallas and San Antonio.
Welcome to Wimberley Arts Fest! Now in its 14th year, Arts Fest has gained a national reputation among artists. It is a fine arts festival organized by artists for artists. Sponsored by the Wimberley Valley Art League’s 200+ members and art loving volunteers, the level of attention to detail, both in planning and in services for the artists, is top notch. We have many returning exhibitors who appreciate our organization and the fabulous location. Aside from the river and the orchard, there is plenty of shade, plenty of onsite parking, great food trucks and continuous live music throughout the festival. Arts Fest has no paid staff; all proceeds are dedicated to providing a high level of advertising and promotion to draw a crowd, and operating expenses for our artist exhibitors are kept to a minimum.
We hope you will join us in April, 2022 to experience this for yourself.
Wimberley is a favorite weekend getaway and/or day trip location for art lovers from all points in Texas. Visitors are drawn by the small town’s natural beauty, and reputation for celebrating the arts. Wimberley is one of just 30 sites in the entire State of Texas to be designated a Cultural District, earned for recognition of its plethora of art galleries, live theater productions, live music venues and outdoor art. The Waters Point, a rustic resort located at the confluence of the Blanco River and Cypress Creek, is the perfect backdrop for quality fine art to be viewed and purchased. Cabins are available for exhibitor rental, and one cabin is used by the Art League as “Hospitality Cabin,” with snacks and conveniences for our exhibitors.
Artist's tents will be set up underneath a pecan orchard with lots of shade, and ease of access for setup and take-down. Parking is onsite and free of charge to exhibitors. Security will be provided on Friday and Saturday nights as well as for directing traffic to and from the location during the Fest.
Wimberley Arts Fest
will be held on
Saturday, April 30, and Sunday, May 1st,
with exhibitor set-up from
1:00pm to 6:00pm on Thursday
10:00am to 6:00pm on Friday
between 7:00am and 9:00am on Saturday.
Other important dates
Begin accepting applications: 11/15/21
Deadline for applications: 12/31/2022
Jury period: 1/2/2022- 1/5/2022
Invitations to participate and wait list notification: (by email): 1/6/2022
Deadline to accept and pay 2/1/22
Volunteer Artist Relief/Booth Sitting
24-hour on-site security beginning Friday at 6PM
Promotional postcards, festival maps & artist listing
Advertising leading up to the event (Printed and Digital)
Air-conditioned hospitality cabin with refreshmets throughout the festival and separate indoor restrooms
Pre-ordered box lunches available
Complimentary Saturday evening artist cook-out with beer and wine provided
Summary of details
Arts Fest hours: Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm; Sunday, 11 am to 5 pm; Thursday set-up 1:00-5:00, Friday set-up, 10am to 6pm, Saturday set-up 7:00-9:00
Artist communication handled through ZAPPlication.org.
A complete separate application must be submitted for each artwork medium
Application/jury fee of $35 required for each medium is non-refundable
The 4th image submitted is to be of a booth display showing your current body of work. If a booth image is not available, submit a photo of a grouping of your work, making clear you have a body of work, of the type to be displayed, large enough to adequately fill your display space.
This is a blind jury process…please ensure that your name or other identification does not show in your booth/display photo
A panel of art professionals will jury the applications.
Rules for Accepted Artists
• TENTS: Only white tents will be allowed. Artists to provide panels, bins or tables within the booth space. Artists to provide for windy conditions with their own sand bags or other weights. No water barrels.
• IDENTIFICATION: Your name and booth number must be prominently displayed.
• WORK DISPLAYED: Must be original to and performed by the artist accepted. No purchased or commercial items.
• ATTENDANCE: Booths must be manned at all times during Fest hours by the artist or designated representative. Fest volunteers will be available where necessary to relieve booth-holders for brief periods.
• PAYMENT: Payment is due at the time application and when booth reservation is made, and may be submitted by credit card or PayPal, or by check/money order sent to:
Wimberley Arts Fest
PO Box 172
Wimberley, Texas 78676
• Returned checks or credit cards with insufficient funds will be charged a $50 fee.
• REFUNDS: The Fest cannot make cash refunds. If booth cancellation is necessary and notice is given by March 15th, credit will be given toward a booth for the 2023 Arts Fest in lieu of a cash refund.
• SALES TAX: All exhibitors are required to have a current Texas Sales Tax permit and are responsible for collecting and reporting sales tax. Please have a copy of your permit available.
• BOOTH SET-UP AND BREAKDOWN: Exhibit set-up is Thursday, April 28th 1:00pm to 6:00pm; Friday, April 29th,10:00am and 6:00pm; and Saturday, April 30th, 7:00am to 9:00am. Vehicles may drive to the booth locations and are allowed one hour to unload before parking in the designated parking area. Final “touches” to exhibits are allowed on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and must be complete by 9:00 am
• COLLABORATIVE WORK: Collaborative work is limited to two artists, and information for both must appear on the application with both signatures.
Categories of artwork
Media categories are considered in organizing artists images for the jury process and in arranging a balanced show of fine arts there are no specific quotas by category. All work must be produced by the artist; no commercially or mass produced work is allowed.
• CERAMICS: All work must be signed by the artist, including multiple pieces of the same design.
• DIGITAL ART: Original work manipulated through use of a computer. All work must be numbered and signed by the artist.
• DRAWINGS: Produced using dry media or through the application of inks or washes.
• FIBER: Includes all work using fibers, including handmade papers, fabrics, basketwork. No mass produced items or factory produced wearable items are allowed even if modified by the artist.
• GLASS: Must be produced by the artist.
• JEWELRY: All jewelry, regardless of medium or type, is to be entered in this category. No commercially produced work is allowed.
• METALWORK: Non-sculpture, non-jewelry work is in this category.
• MIXED MEDIA: Work produced using more than one type of media.
• PAINTING: Oils, acrylics and watercolors
• PHOTOGRAPHY: Prints made from the artist’s original image(s)
• PRINTMAKING: Printed works from plates, stones, etc. directly prepared by the artist and printed by or under the direct supervision of the artist. No photographic or photocopy work will be accepted. All work must be limited edition signed by the artist.
• SCULPTURE: Three dimensional work in any medium. Must be visible from all sides.
• WOOD: Original works in wood produced completely by the artist.